So said one of our dearest friends recently in discussing this election season, based on the fact that she and My Lady are “of a certain age” and I am a good decade past them on that dark scale. Because of the level I have acquired on that dreaded counter, I may well have only one President left and, with all due respect to those many citizens, including some (many?) friends, acquaintances and family, who will use one of the most precious rights ever given mankind to vote for the only presidential candidate under active criminal investigation (before you cite Mr. Comey’s latest letter, note that the Clinton Criminal Family Foundation is still under active investigation), a person who is probably the most deeply corrupt and blatantly dishonest person to ever run for the White House.
I am writing this on the eve of Election Day 2016 in order to set out my thoughts on my choice at a time well before anyone has even an inkling of the actual outcome at least 24 hours after this is posted. For the same reason, to assure there can be no “shading” of these remarks by the influence, real or imagined, of who will actually win, I wish to express my concern at the number of our fellow citizens with obviously functioning minds who have had access to the very same information I have studied over the years about this truly wretched and openly unethical person who will cast their precious vote for her tomorrow, or have already done so in early voting.
I can—and do—respect their obvious right to vote for such a thoroughly lawless person and still wonder how anyone who knows what she is, what she represents, what the scurrilous gang she surrounds herself with represents (have they read even one Wikileaks release?) and the cloud of sleaze which will surround her from Day One could even consider giving her their vote. When a person like Doug Schoen, one who has made his living as a consultant to nothing but Democrat candidates states very openly, and I might add, very courageously, that he cannot in good conscience vote for Clinton in view of his certain knowledge that her election will precipitate a Constitutional crisis due to the many (justifiable and well founded!) investigations she and her sycophants will undergo, it speaks volumes against the fitness of such a person to serve in any office, much less the highest office in the land.
As I am speaking my mind so that the record will be one of clarity as to where I stood well before there was either a President Trump or a, God forbid, President Clinton (does no one remember the open sewer of slime the first one was?), I will also express my astonishment at the numbers of citizens voting for Clinton who are members of the Learned Profession of the Law, whose very existence is due to, and devoted to the preservation of, the American Rule of Law. It is, quite simply, beyond me and my admittedly limited intellect to fully grasp how a person trained in the sacred principles of the Law, and, yes, I do know I am showing what a dinosaur I am by using “quaint” words like that, could even think about voting for a person who, as outlined in an excellent analysis on Ricochet this morning by Dave Carter , responded to the FBI’s investigation by:
- Providing two BlackBerry devices with their SIM or SD data cards removed.
- Destroying or losing 13 of Hillary’s personal mobile devices being sought by the FBI as evidence while claiming publicly that she only used one device.
- Deleting server backups to avoid FBI examination.
- Wiping laptops with BleachBit when notified that they contained records sought by the FBI and the House Benghazi Committee.
- Permanently deleting emails from her “PRN” [Platte River Networks] server after those emails were subpoenaed.
- Manually deleting backups of the PRN server after her records were subpoenaed.
Despite these extraordinary efforts by the candidate and her staff to circumvent lawful subpoenas by hiding and destroying evidence, further FBI investigation discovered:
- 2,093 emails that the State Department classifies as Confidential or Secret despite Hillary’s claims that there were no classified emails..
- 193 emails (totaling 81 individual email chains) that ranged in classification, at the time they were sent, from Confidential to Top Secret/Special Access Program.
- 8 Top Secret email chains.
- 37 Secret email chains.
- 36 Confidential email chains.
- 7 Special Access Program email chains.
- 3 Sensitive Compartmentalized Information email chains.
- 37 Not Releasable to Foreign Government email chains.
- 2 Releasable Only to Five Allied Partners email chains.
- 12 of the above email chains which were withheld by Clinton attorneys, but which the FBI recovered using other methods.
- The above email chains also contained classified information from CIA, DOD, FBI, NGA, and NSA.
As a person who spent many decades as a member of the Bar engaged in civil litigation in many Courts of Law, the conduct of this person, and those in her group of courtiers, would definitely get me indicted and disbarred and I would be laughed out of the Courtroom if I tried to mount any kind of defense against, just to take one example, the deliberate destruction of evidence known to be under subpoena at the time the order to destroy was given.
A recent article went through a very helpful analysis of the dictionary definition of “corrupt” and reached the following conclusion, with which, it will not surprise the reader to learn, I fully agree:
Under dictionary.com’s definition of “corrupt” one finds the following:
- Guilty of dishonest practices, as bribery; lacking integrity; crooked:
- Debased in character; depraved; perverted; wicked; evil:
- Infected; tainted.
When used as a verb with an object we find:
- To destroy the integrity of; cause to be dishonest, disloyal, etc., especially by bribery.
- To lower morally; pervert.
Don’t these definitions perfectly describe Hillary Clinton?
Returning to Mr. Carter’s fine analysis, as I could not possibly improve upon the elegance with which he sums up the evil which is Hillary Diane Rodham, these words perfectly sum up the reasons I plan to be there when the polls open tomorrow morning at 6 am to cast my vote for the candidate who has given voice to the many “Forgotten Men” and “Forgotten Women” across our Beloved Nation:
The failure of the progressive industrial complex and their enablers in both parties is, in a pivotal way, an intellectual failure because as Bill Buckley observed, “…all intellection is moral, because disembodied from moral precepts, thought is misleading, empty, vulgar.” For all the talk of Donald Trump’s vulgarity, his “moral precepts” do not revolve around bribery, subterfuge, lawlessness, the destruction of evidence, the compromising of national security, and a network of accomplices both in and out of government who actively undermine the democratic process.
Over 40 years ago, a President was forced to resign over a mere fraction of what the Clinton political machine has wrought. Under the circumstances, we must not entrust instrumentalities of the state to a presidential candidate whose moral compass consistently points the wrong way, whose administration would make the Nixon administration look like the Little Sisters of the Poor.
I pray for Mr. Trump and Gov. Pence and I pray for all the citizens of this, the Greatest Nation ever created by the mind of man but, most of all, I pray for our Beloved Nation, the United States of America!
God Bless America!